Terms and Conditions
By clicking your consent (e.g. “Continue,” “Sign-in,” or “Sign-up,”) or by using our Services, you agree to these Terms
double-think’s purpose is to expand on people’s knowledge and disseminate meaningful ideas.
These terms and conditions apply to the services offered by double-think, which include websites, mobile applications, and other digital products (‘the Services’).
By using our Services, you consent to the following terms and conditions, including mandatory arbitration and class action waiver:-
- Compliance with applicable laws, safeguarding your account and password, and not infringing on others’ intellectual property rights are your responsibility.
- double-think may review your content and conduct, remove any infringing content, and terminate accounts of offenders.
- By posting content, you grant double-think a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, and display your content on their Services.
- double-think welcomes feedback and may use it without obligation to you.
- double-think may stop providing services or features at its discretion.
- You are free to terminate your access to the Services at any time, and double-think may terminate your access with or without notice.
- By using double’-think’s Services, you agree to the processing, storage, and transfer of your information in Australia and other countries.
- You, the user will indemnify, defend and hold double-think harmless, including its officers, directors, agents, partners, and employees, from any claims, damages, expenses, or costs arising from a user’s violation of another authors rights or the law.
- You must inform double-think of any third-party claims, co-operate with double-think in defending these claims, and pay for all fees, costs, and expenses associated with such claims.
- double-think parties shall have control over the defence or settlement of any third-party claims.
- double-thinks Services are provided “as is” and “as available,” without any express or implied warranties.
- double-think does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, reliability, currency, or error-free nature of its Services nor of any content posted or shared by you or other users.
- double-think does not control or endorse any third-party content, with user’s accessing same and using it at their own risk.
- double-think and double-think parties will not be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, or special damages, or any loss of use, data, or profits, except where it is illegal to do so.
- double-think will not be liable for any damages unless it would be illegal not to be, including but not limited to liability for gross negligence, fraud, or intentional misconduct.
- In countries where exclusions or limitations of liability are allowed, double-think limits their total liability for any claim related to our Terms and Conditions or Services to the greater of $50 USD or the amount paid by you, the user, for using the Services.
- Resolving disputes requires users to attempt to resolve their claims informally with double-think before initiating a formal proceeding.
- If a dispute cannot be resolved within 30 days, either party may initiate a formal proceeding. The clause also requires that disputes be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator, except for small claims disputes and disputes related to intellectual property, for which users may seek individual action in small claims court or injunctive or other equitable relief.
- Users waive their rights to a jury trial and any representative proceedings.
- If you have an account with double-think, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website, we also store your personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Administrators can also see and edit that information.
Prize Lottery Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: The prize lotteries are open to registered double-think users who have a premium subscription and have accumulated enough points to participate.
- Entry: Participants must redeem 10 points to purchase one lottery ticket. double-think reserves the right to adjust the number of tickets available for each lottery, with a standard availability of 1,000 tickets.
- Lottery Duration: The Prize Lottery will take place on a monthly basis, with the specific draw date to be announced by double-think.
- Prizes: The prizes for each month’s lottery may vary and will be determined by double-think. The prize list will be announced prior to the start of each lottery.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be selected via a random draw conducted by double-think. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome.
- Prize Distribution: Winners will be notified via the email address associated with their double-think account. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of the draw date. Unclaimed prizes may be forfeited or used for future prize lotteries at double-think’s discretion.
- Rights and Responsibilities: double-think reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Prize Lottery at any time without prior notice. By participating in the Prize Lottery, entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions made by double-think.
- Liability: double-think is not responsible for any technical issues, lost entries, or other factors beyond its control that may affect the Prize Lottery or a participant’s ability to enter.
- Personal Information: By participating in the Prize Lottery, entrants agree that their personal information may be used by Double-Think for the purposes of administering the lottery, contacting winners, and distributing prizes. Double-Think will not share personal information with third parties without the entrant’s consent.
- Governing Law: The Prize Lottery and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the country in which double-think operates, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country.
double-think Copyright and Content Policy
- Copyright Ownership: By submitting articles or other content (collectively, “Content”) to double-think, the author represents and warrants that they own or have the necessary rights, licenses, and permissions to use and authorize double-think to use all copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights in and to the Content, in accordance with these Terms.
- Original Content: Authors are responsible for ensuring that their Content is original and does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party. Content that infringes on copyrighted material, trademarks, or any other intellectual property rights is strictly prohibited and may result in the removal of the Content and/or suspension or termination of the author’s double-think account.
- Unauthorized Use of Content: Uploading, posting, or sharing Content that is not authored by the user or for which the user does not have the necessary rights, licenses, or permissions is strictly prohibited. double-think reserves the right to remove any such Content and take appropriate action, including reporting such violations to the relevant authorities and pursuing legal remedies.
- Reporting Copyright Infringement: If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used, copied, or made available on double-think in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify double-think immediately. Provide sufficient information to enable double-think to identify and locate the allegedly infringing Content and take appropriate action.
- License Grant: By submitting Content to double-think, the author grants double-think a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the double-think platform and its successors, affiliates, and business, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the double-think platform (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- Termination of License: The author may revoke the license granted to double-think by removing their Content from the double-think platform at any time. double-think will use reasonable efforts to remove the Content from its platform within a reasonable time after the author’s request.
- Liability: double-think is not responsible for any infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights resulting from the actions of its users. Users who submit Content to double-think agree to indemnify and hold double-think harmless from any claims, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or related to the use of their Content on double-think or the violation of these Terms.
- Governing Law: This Copyright and Content Policy and any disputes arising from or related to it are governed by the laws of the country in which double-Think operates, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country.